The objectives for the Heritage House Gallery seismic strengthening and restoration project are:
- Enable the reopening of the Heritage House Gallery.
- Meet building and legislative requirements as nearly as is reasonably practicable.
- Provide greater access to the Heritage House Gallery.
- Provide a building that is safer for staff and visitors.
- Provide greater flexibility in the use of the Heritage House Gallery for exhibitions and operations.
- Provide a building that promotes the Region’s unique identity
- Support the cultural tourism of the Region.
This project will transform the Heritage House Gallery into a fit for purpose art gallery that meets national and international standards and is sympathetic to the heritage fabric of the building. This includes the installation of specialist LED exhibition lighting, a HVAC system for climate control, and a fire suppression system.
The project will also ensure the exceptional heritage features of the building are preserved. It also includes reinstating a number of heritage features including ceiling roses and heritage light fittings, fire registers and surrounds, the original kitchen and scullery and the original upstairs bathroom.
This will deliver a unique modern art gallery that is able to showcase the best of regional and national art in a domestic heritage setting.